Tuesday 15 December 2015

Rolling into the holidays...

Only 2 and a bit days of work left now!


The Uni is open until 23 Dec, but I booked a few days off so I could finish on Friday.  Then Mrs RC announced that, due to the expected crush in the shops on Saturday, she was going to do hers on Friday!  That was not on!  She couldn't do that!  So I booked Friday off too, so we can go together.  Even if I only get to carry the bags, at least I will be there.


Then we will be ready.


Number One Son is home and settled in, much to everyone's relief.  Our daughter finishes work on Friday and Arnie finishes school then too.  Our daughter is really hyped for Christmas this year.  It is her first Christmas working, and she has been spending so much it makes my eyes water!  She even forced us to put up the decorations at the weekend, even though we all had colds and sniffles and would rather have just snuggled on the sofa and watched TV.  Still, it is all done now, thanks to her.


I guess this is going to go down in history as the biggest Star Wars Christmas ever?  The new movie will be huge, I know it.  They hype is now crushing, the nerds are bursting with excitement (OK I am in there too), and I am getting some new ships for my game.  The one I can't wait for is the Rebel Transporter.  Remember the ship that leads the escape from Hoth, the one that looks like a huge cockroach?  That is it.  It is going to be so much fun in games.  No guns or missiles, but it does have a bunch of nice abilities that just mess with the enemy.  And to just add to it all, between Christmas and New Year I am organising a big game at the local game store, which will feature as much of my collection as I can squeeze in.  Big ships, little ships, the Falcon being chased by Boba Fett, etc.  Ooooh yeah!  Going to be a real geekfest!


See you soon!  Hope you all have a great Christmas, but I am sure I will be back before then.

5 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

You're SO CLOSE! I hope everyone's sniffles and coughs are gone by then. Either way, getting to spend family time over the holidays is the best. I'm happy for you. :)
I'm working all the way through the 24th, but then I'll be off the week following - with my whole family. It'll be like the old days!
Merry Christmas to you and your family if I don't "see" you before then.

Abby said...

I'm glad Number One Son got home despite the epic flood. Good for your daughter. My older two sons have been making good money this year, but I don't think they're necessarily in Santa Claus mode. Hope you get your cockroach ship :).

May The Force be with you... er... Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

The StarWars movie was indeed amazing, and I watched it on the first show.
My only regret was Kylo Ren sounded and looked a tad like a sissy.
I even said to myself, if he was in my school, I'd kick him around, Sith lord or not, hahahaha.

Shammickite said...

Oh yes, the new Star Wars movie, the news is full of it. The men (and little boys) (actually they are ALL little boys really) in my family have tickets for next Wednesday. Excitement is in the air, the anticipation is bigger then Christmas. A cinema in toronto showed all 7 Star Wars movies yesterday starting at 4 in the morning, it took 17 hours, it was sold out with people arriving in total costume, crazy fun!

Tee said...

Oh the Star Wars hype is unbelievable! For months, I've been seeing all kinds of products in the stores with redesigned packages featuring Star Wars. My coffee creamer bottle has a Chewbaca face on it!

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your time off to the fullest! I have to work through tomorrow (the 22nd) and then will enjoy a long weekend. I'm having the whole family over for Christmas Eve so I'm a little panicky right now, but it's happening, ready or not.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!