Sunday 20 September 2015

Critters


Life seems to revolve around animals at the moment.

The baby fish are growing rapidly, and are now clearly fish, even if you can see through them.



 Finally got a photo or 2 of Mr Chuffington.  I had to dig him out of his bed so we could move everything around in the rabbit/hedgehog area.  He was not happy but refrained from hissing at me.



The bugs are having a final harvest as the flowers reach their end and autumn moves in.



I got up early this morning and walked the dogs.  Not my favourite way of spending Sunday mornings, but I did find this little dew covered guy whose web was sporting a rainbow.  I love this pic, one of the best I have ever taken, IMO.


So, the weekend drifts to an end and work awaits again on Monday.  It is Freshers Week, so mayhem awaits...

10 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

So you really DO have a hedgehog! ;)
He's adorable. Thanks for posting a pic.
All your pics are beautiful. I love the bee shot myself. The spider web pic is good too, but the subject is not one I enjoying viewing.
Have fun with the Freshers this week!

Rock Chef said...

Yes, we really do have a hedgehog! :-)

You are like Mrs RC, who doesn't like the spider pic because if the spider...

agg79 said...

Yea, Mr Chuffington doesn't look all too happy with you. Heavy duty gloves I noticed. Good shots of the bee and spider. The dew on the web reminds me of an old shot I took years back down in south Texas looking out across a field at dawn and seeing a field of webs covered in dew. Beautiful/eerie sight.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - Yes, I needed the gloves - those spikes are very sharp!

Shammickite said...

I agree the spider and the web pic is super.
"Come into my parlour said the spider the the fly"
Where did that expression come from? My mum used to say it all the time.

Rock Chef said...

It is a poem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EJDP6va9uc

Very nice, haven't heard it for years!

Shammickite said...

Thanks Rock Chef, I watched the video, great poem, lovely voice! Now that I have watched it, I do remember hearing this many many years ago, but obviously my mum could only remember the first line! Ta very much, mate.

Unknown said...

Oh wow. You actually have a hedgehog!
I had one a long long time ago and then gave it to another friend who was more into it.
Does fish classified under critters?

Abby said...

THERE'S Mr. Chuffington! I agree that he doesn't look too pleased to be hoisted out of bed. Kind of like Phil on Groundhog Day. I'm still thinking he needs a wife. Nice photos too! I've got some cobwebs, can you make them look pretty?

Riot Kitty said...

Ha! Love Mr. Chuffs! He does look a bit peeved.