Wednesday 21 May 2014

Waiting....

for my PC to finish a calculation, so here I am!

Had a rather jolly weekend, celebrating our daughter's 18th birthday.  The weather was great on Saturday, so we went to a pub that is right on the beach and had a drink watching the waves and the people go by.  Whitstable is a great place to "people-watch", there are some real characters there.

It is still thinking...

Meanwhile, I have got back to painting my Scots, and will just need to buy a few new figures to complete the army.  It is going to be fab - it will probably lose most of its battles, but hey I am out for fun not victory, that is just an unexpected bonus....

Still going...

Meanwhile, I wrote a song the other day.  Might see if I can work on it with the band - nice and simple, it is called "Let Me Rock!"  A good foot stomper...

Jeez, still going.  Wonder if it has just crashed...

Started planning Number One Son's return for the summer.  He still has a couple of weeks of exams to go, then he wants a few days to tie things up at his end, then we can go and get him.  It will be great to have him back again.  I think I have missed him more this year than I did last year, but I suspect that is because he has become more independent and we have been Skyping him less often.  Not long now, though.  He comes back the day before Fathers Day!

Still going.  I think it has crashed - better crash out of it, I think...

Bye!

10 comments:

lotta joy said...

I've been in the hospital for the last three days and if I ever have to go again, I'm moving in with you.

Abby said...

Gosh, what are you calculating? The probability of a zombie apocalypse?

Happy returns for number one son! I'm enjoying having my college boys home, but not all their dorm crap.

ShadowRun300 said...

Computers are so fun! Except when they're frustrating. Best of luck with it.
Congrats on your daughter's 18th! Sounds like a great day was had by all.
And I know what you mean about missing your kids more once they become more independent. We speak with Link less and less, and sometimes I crave hearing his voice. When we do Skype, I want him to do all the talking! I'm hoping he'll come home for a bit this summer. Lucky you to get the whole summer with your number one son. Enjoy!

Rock Chef said...

Lotta Joy - Yeah, we would look after you! Can you bring your guns too?

Abby - I was calculating distances between a load of locations. Think I know where I was going wrong now. Dorm crap? Oh, you mean things like white boards covered in equations?

ShadowRun300 - That is so true - do you think it ever gets any easier?

agg79 said...

Hope you saved your stuff before the crash. Sometimes I think back to the old days of pencil and paper and slide rules (now THAT's OLD school). Things didn't seem to crash much back then (except my brain). Will be good to have number one back under the roof for the summer. At this point in the college years, we learn to enjoy the time we have.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - My older brother used slide rules a lot, but I never did - guess my school was not as posh as his was :-) I DID use log tables and stuff, though!

Riot Kitty said...

The Scots! Show us pictures of the Scots!

Shammickite said...

Yes, I want to see the newly painted Scots too. As you might have noticed, I have been absent from the blogging world, but now I'm back. The only excuse id pure laziness.
Congrats to your daughter, wish I was 18 again. Or at least had my 18 yr old body back.

Rock Chef said...

Riot Kitty - Soon...

Shammickite - I hated being a teenager, I even like my current 50 year old body more than I liked my 18 year old one!

terri said...

People watching is great entertainment. We have a few good places for that too.

So excited for you to have your oldest son home again for the summer!