Wednesday 19 March 2014

Almost!

 Had a lucky escape yesterday.  I got my bike out to ride to work but the saddle was a bit loose.  Grabbing my trusty allen key I tightened it up...

and the bold (make that BOLT!) sheered off!

Could have been nasty - I had visions of it all coming off when I was half way down the rather steep hill into Canterbury.

Number One Son had been catching up on South Park had an even nastier vision of what would have happened.  If you are a South Park fan you will know what he said.  If not, I will spare you the description.

With the sun coming out, I got a few opportunities to take some photos...
 
 
 
My first butterfly of the year!
 


 
Plants in my mum's garden.
 
 
 
A challenger to Grumpy Cat?  I hope he has a name like Tyson and isn't called something like Mr Tibbles...

8 comments:

agg79 said...

Wow. That's a close call on the seat. Good thing you caught when you did. That could have caused you all sorts of problems in the end. And as a South Park aficionado, I can pretty much imagine which episode you refer to.

Nice to see spring has shown up over there. Good pictures but I would give Tyson a wide berth. He don't look none to happy/friendly.

agg79 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby said...

ACK! Now I'm paranoid! God forbid I should lose my saddle. I don't watch south park (even though they're just north of me!), but my kids do. Maybe I'll ask about the episode you mention. That cat! Nightmares!

ShadowRun300 said...

Whoa. That could have been bad. I've never seen South Park, but I'm familiar with it, so I'm not surprised you didn't share... but I wish you would.
LOVE the pictures! Even the grumpy cat.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Riot Kitty said...

Oops. The deleted comment is me, Mr. RK had signed in.

I'm not a South Park fan and that's probably a good thing. Glad you are OK!

But you know - if that guy *was* called Mr. Tibbles, that would be pretty freaking cool.

Great pics btw!

terri said...

Good thing you caught the bike issue before you took off on it!

Looks like spring is well on its way in your area. We're still waiting patiently (or not-so patiently.)

Betty said...

Glad it broke with you off the bike. I love the look on the cat. Your butterfly is beautiful!