Friday 31 May 2013

Another sniff at Summer...

Last night's barbeque was great - a good turn out of staff and students, with some nice food and beer.  Mrs RC enjoyed getting to see everyone too, with the added bonus that the rain stayed away for us.
 
Today is a nice, sunny day, so I wandered down to the river to eat my lunch.
 

 
This is a little park that I tend to forget about - in fact most people seem to forget about it as it is amazingly quiet, given that it is only a few yards from the centre of the city!  I sat on the wall by the river, ate my lunch and wrote another scene for my book.  Very nice - I even got to listen to the talks being given by the guys who do the boat trips for tourists, featuring very elaborate descriptions of what the river would have been like in days gone by, when it would have been the city's main sewer...  But, happily for me, the river is wonderfully clean these days with no smell to spoil my lunch.
 
The weekend looks like being a nice one weatherwise - not sure what is in store for me yet - I have a suspision that it will involve clearing stuff out of the shed, which has become horribly cluttered over the winter.  This is a shame as Mrs RC has it all set up as an art room all ready for painting and stuff.  I might be tempted to have a go myself - I keep seeing the great stuff that others are doing and wonder... 
 
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

terri said...

You seem to be surrounded by beautiful places to sit and enjoy your lunch. Good to see that you got a beautiful sunny day too!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible lunch spot! Lucky you!
An art studio in the shed? How cool! I have a suspicion you'd be a pretty good artist, as creative as you seem to be.
Good to hear that somebody is having nice weather. We are warm here, finally, but the rains never seem to go away.

CiCi said...

Nice picture and how fortunate you are to have the beauty in abundance near your work. I can see why your lunch picnics are so restorative. Have a go at painting. Wow. I hope you do. You and Mrs RC could paint together.

Riot Kitty said...

What a gorgeous spot! I'm jealous that it's within walking distance. I work in a funky industrial neighborhood and the walks are less than scenic.

agg79 said...

Great spot for lunch. Nice to be able to spend the time outdoors in the sunshine. How far along in your book have you gotten?

Have a great weekend!

meleah rebeccah said...

Absolutely fabulous. I sure wish there was a spot like that around my area for lunching and writing!

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Nice pictures.

Rock Chef said...

Terri - Canterbury is a nice place, something that it is easy to forget when you see it all the time...

ShadowRun300 - I will post pics if I manage to paint anything reasonable...

CiCi - Interesting thought! Might be fun to hide in the shed together!

Riot Kitty - That is a shame - everyone should be able to have lunch somewhere nice...

Agg79 - The story is rolling along, still. We just rescued Elvis...

Meleah Rebecca - Places like that are great for letting the mind wander.

wReggie - Thanks!