Friday 1 March 2013

With thanks

The funeral went well today, and my eulogy seemed to do what I hoped it would.  I even had real laughter which is far more than I could have hoped for.  My mum kept my script, saying it was "super".

So before I down the rest of this bottle of wine and help Mrs RC celebrate what is left of her birthday (oh yes!) I would like to thank you all for your votes of confidence in my ability to make a suitable speech.  It really meant a lot.

More soon.  My phone is not great for long posts, especially after a few drinks...

PS we will be extending Mrs RC's birthday into tomorrow.  For more on this subject, check her blog (White Elephant, in the list to the right) as she is currently working on another post of her own.

8 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Yay! I knew you'd do well! Your mum keeping the script must make you feel proud!
I've tried to write comments from my phone. It's so hard that I refuse to do it again. :)
Heading over to Mrs. RC's now. And happy to hear that you will be extending her birthday celebration into tomorrow. She definitely deserves to have her own day of being pampered!

Rock Chef said...

ShadowRun300 -I am really loving this new dimension to blogging now that some of you are also reading Mrs RC's blog. Tomorrow will be fun, I am sure.

ShadowRun300 said...

Me too! It's been incredibly fun learning more about you and your family. You two make me want to be a better mother and wife. I'm glad you got her hooked! Hope she's liking it too!

Rock Chef said...

ShadowRun 300- Thanks. She is really enjoying it too. This is going to be a fun year!

Abby said...

I KNEW you'd pull it off! Accolades from Mum even!

And now onto more festive events. I've got to put Mrs RC on my auto blog feed! Heading over now.

terri said...

So glad to hear that the eulogy went over so well. I KNEW it would. You put your heart into it.

I hope now you can enjoy the rest of the weekend and celebrating Mrs. RC's birthday.

Riot Kitty said...

Good for you - I'm so glad! Your gut feeling is usually the right one.

Shrinky said...

Oh blimey, what great timing for poor Mrs. RC, but such a great thought to carry her birthday through on to the next day, makes much better sense.

Glad it all went over well, I'm sure you're pretty spent and much relieved it's now behind you. Sounds like you've earned that glass of wine.