Monday 24 September 2012

Autumn

You can tell it is Autumn...

Younger son is back at school with all the usual fun and games...

Daughter is a college and loving it.  Last week the class started building an enclosure for some goats.  Why wasn't college that much fun when I went?  Guess I chose the wrong subjects?

Number One Son is off to Uni on Sunday.  My brother is driving us up there so we can see him safely installed in his accommodation and make sure everything is good.  Mrs RC is trying not to panic too much...

I have started wearing gloves when cycling...

Apart from a gap which amazingly coinsided with my ride to work, it has rained continuously for the last day and a half...

Frou Frou has realised that the weather has changed and is far less enthusiastic about patrolling the garden - she gets to the step, looks out and returns to the fluffy cover on the sofa...

The birds are clearing the food from the bird table 2-3 times each day. My sack of seed is depleting rapidly, must get some more...

I am hungry all the time - I think my body wants to store up some fat so I can hybernate, which is really appealing right now.  I am sleeping well, but I have had a sort of deep-seated tiredness for the last few weeks.  I guess we have just been really busy - once Number One Son is settled and the new term at work is properly underway I think I will feel better...

It is still raining...

11 comments:

wigsf3 said...

A goat enclosure? Afraid the goats are gonna run away? Or has the education system over there replaced the three Rs with reading, writing and goat wrangling?

Rock Chef said...

Wigsf - My daughter is studying animal care, so they have all sorts of animals from meerkats to giant cockroaches, each in their dedicated enclosure/environment. It seems to be a good mix of practical and academic work which suits her well. And I guess they are worried that the goats will get out and eat the library or something!

ShadowRun300 said...

Don't you just love Autumn! If only it wouldn't lead to winter....
You have definitely made the most of your summer,so it's no wonder you're thinking about hibernation. And since it's been raining all the time, you might want to think about starting soon. Sounds like Frou Frou is...

Rock Chef said...

ShadowRun300 - Yes, I think I might be snuggling under the fluffy sofa cover tonight too!

Abby said...

I've found that a mindset of ignorance helps with the kids-off-at-college panic.

I'm ready for autumn, and have had to break out the gloves a few times already too. Got any good hibernation recipes?

agg79 said...

Bundling the kids off to college was always a mixture of chaos and panic. With two off to college I bet it is a bit quieter around the homestead.

No rain down here and it is still in the low 90s. We really don't get much fall down here, just a sudden onset of rain and sudden cool front. Time to start stocking up for winter.

Rock Chef said...

Abby - My favourite winter food is things like stew that has been in the slow cooker all day, steak and kidney pudding (without kidney) and jam roly poly (with very thick custard poured over it).

Agg79 - While my daughter is studying at college, she is still living at home - thankfully less traumatic for us than if she was also moving out!

wigsf3 said...

So not the entire system, just your daughters program. Gotcha.

Rock Chef said...

wigsf - yeah, pretty much! :-)

terri said...

I love autumn. I always feel like cooking this time of year.

Good to hear the kids are settling into their school routines and are happy! Your daughter's studies sound like such fun! With all the animals at your house, it's no wonder she's going into animal care! She'll be great at it.

Rock Chef said...

Terri - Yes, my daughter is a natural with animals, she just loves them all.