Thursday 28 June 2012

Thursday!

The roadworks had become a little more severe by the time I headed home yesterday - 2 rows of fencing on either side of the trench, which had been made a little wider than the day before.  This is starting to feel personal!  If this was in a location that saw more pedestrians they would have had to make some sort of walkway for people to use.  Because it is in the middle of nowhere and no one ever walks there they can get away with just trying to block the entire road off.  Making the trench another foot wider would certainly increase the challenge!

My daughter has her prom party tomorrow.  Her dress is stunning - my little girl is all grown up!  She is very camera-shy but has promised to let me take lots of photos of her when she is all dressed up, and I am going to get one printed really big and frame it.  Keeping that bit quiet, of course  ;-)

I can feel some maps calling to me - see you soon!

10 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Build a ramp and jump the while construction project.

Rock Chef said...

wReggie - if the ditch gets any wider I might have to go for it! However, they are supposed to finish tomorrow, so that might have to wait for next time.

agg79 said...

Evel Knievel Rock Chef? Would be interesting to see you jump the ditch.

I am sure you are busting with pride with your daughter's upcoming prom. Kids do seem to grow up fast these days.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - Hm, if you put it that way, I am not sure about the jump - there are enough videos of people mangling themselves on Youtube already!

lotta joy said...

I read backwards until I got the the photos of the wee mouse. I'm an animal rights type of person who puts it into action, and someday, my Stud is going to have to save me from a brawl.

Any man who will do what you did, has my heart in the palm of his hand along with the mouse baby.

ShadowRun300 said...

It DOES seem like they know you're determined to get through. I would take it as a challenge... bicyclist vs construction workers. I'm sure you can outwit them.
My 'baby' is my only girl. She's almost 14, and when she's dressed up nicely, she almost knocks my socks off with how beautiful and grown up she looks. I feel pride and sadness at the same time. I'd love to see pictures of your daughter in her prom dress.
Finally, Rock Chef, I just want to thank you for coming to my defense on Abby's post. I really didn't intend to make fun or sound uncaring, but I can see how it could be taken that way to those not "in the know". Thank you for your support, as I feel very bad about it all. :(

Rock Chef said...

Lotta Joy - Good to see you! Glad you approve of the mouse rescue - he is now enjoying living in the rabbit runs (we have 6 rabbits).

ShadowRun300 - It is amazing how clothes change them isn't it. Like when Number One Son first wore his suit, he really became a man. And that is OK - I just wanted to get things straight as quickly as possible, make it clear that we don't have any trolls around here!

terri said...

I'm amazed they can get away with completely closing off the road! Looks like you're up for the challenge. Can't wait to see what they come up with next!

I'm sure your little girl is going to look gorgeous all dolled up. Yes, get lots of pictures!

kenady said...

Wow... starting to sound like your commute is becoming quite dangerous! Be careful please:)

Good luck to your daughter at her prom! I bet she is just beautiful inside and out!!

Have a fab weekend! e

CiCi said...

Prom is a forever memory and I hope her prom is so much fun for her.