Tuesday 10 April 2012

Internet Shopping

Now I have started I am having real issues.

Remember a few weeks ago I bought that new monster amplifier at a bargain price?

Well now I am having problems with the new guitar.

I have been looking at two - a cheaper one (the one I tried in London) and a more expensive one.

My local shop has given me a price on the cheaper one.

Then I looked online and found that I can get the more expensive one for £200 less than the shop can sell me the cheaper one.

That is a big difference.

A better instrument for a lot less cash.

The expensive one is now the cheap one!

It has a nicer finish - you can see the woodgrain through the translucent black paint.

It has an extra knob, allowing extra tone control.  I like that.

Hard to resist.

Gah - the damn Internet! 

Full of temptation!

Can I resist?

Should I resist?

8 comments:

wigsf3 said...

Both

Rock Chef said...

Wigsf - You know I am starting to wonder what your friends say about YOU when you aren't listening! :-)

ShadowRun300 said...

Being the budget conscious individual I am, I would go for the internet one - but make sure shipping isn't going to raise the cost higher than the store's cost. One other thing to consider, is if you want "help" from the store. You know, if something breaks, or it needs a checkup... In that case it may be worth the extra money to buy it at the store.
The internet isn't ALL bad, but personal service sometimes is worth the extra cost!

Abby said...

I agree with SR300 about the post-purchase service. Is it worth giving that up for woodgrain and the extra knob? Put it in the shopping cart and sleep on it. Report back!

terri said...

I'm cautious about shopping online. Sometimes things look great on the screen and in reality end up being not quite what you expected. With a big purchase like this one, I'd consider spending the extra to be able to put your hands on it and try it out before handing over the cash.

agg79 said...

I'm in the middle as well. One one hand, the nicer guitar sounds like a real deal that you shouldn't pass up, but on the other hand, going the local route gives you a chance to fondle the merchandise before buying. There is something to be said for dealing directly with a local shop like SR pointed out. Hard to do but I'd still ponder Abby's suggestion unless you decide to follow up wigsf3's advice.

Shrinky said...

Depends. I'm the Queen of on-line shopping, HOWEVER, I have learned certain items are best bought from a solid, bricks and mortar shop - electrical goods fall into that category, since I've lost far more than I've saved on some of these, when things go wrong.

Sorry, I don't suppose my tuppenceworth helps one jot, does it?

CiCi said...

It depends on how much money you have to spend for something. You are the only one who can make the decision. Sell one, buy the other. Keep the one and forget about the other. Hmmm.