Thursday 16 February 2012

Spring is in the air


It is a rather nice day here in Canterbury.

NUB seemed to be the first to realise that things are looking up.  He was running around his run, leaping over things, grabbing a mouthful of cabbage, then running off again.  The others just sat and watched him with a sort of "huh, kids" expression.

OK, a student just used her iPhone to take a Fat Face photo of me.  This is how I would look if I gave up cycling and carried on eating like I do.


Guess I am sticking with the bike.


PS  Just had a thought - maybe this is how I will look when I get back from the trip next year!  I've seen Man vs Food!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You'd make an awesome Santa!

Rock Chef said...

Yes, just need more grey to set in...

Abby said...

Those iPhones... what don't they do?!

You do look quite jolly.

Rock Chef said...

Abby - They don't do the dishes and they don't keep you warm at night.

agg79 said...

Man,

You've really let yourself go since I saw you in November.

Yea, those new I-phone contraptions can really find ways to waste time.

terri said...

Yep, you could definitely pull off the jolly fat guy look! :-)

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - Christmas - what can I say? :-)

Terri - Yeah, I guess I could! Should I work on it?

Shrinky said...

Ha, well if push ever comes to shove, you're a sure bet to play Shylock in The Merchant of Venice, in your (fatter) dotage!

My youngest has that Fatface app - I've threatened to post all her naked baby pictures on her FaceBook page if she ever snaps me on that thing..

Rock Chef said...

Shrinky - Oh yes! I am sure I could do that role! But no fat face Shrinky photos? Shame.

wigsf3 said...

If you go to some Man V Food places, that beard will be spotted with barbecue sauce. Otherwise yes. That would be a post MVF Rock Chef.

Ms. ~K said...

My word, you are a brave soul to post your fat face...now put a "real" face photo right next to it, please!
I would like to suggest you stay away from Krispy Kreme donuts during your stay here! :)
Happy Weekend to you,
~K

Rock Chef said...

Ms K - Ah, Krispy Kreme donuts... We had students selling those things for charity a while back. I bought a box. I tried to share, I SWEAR!

CiCi said...

That's right, the biking would keep you in good shape. You have to admit it is a funny picture.

Rock Chef said...

Wigsf- I guess I could photoshop in the sauce...

CiCi - Yes, I thought it was great...