Friday 21 January 2011

Fighting the fog...



... that seems to be sitting between my eyes.  Not sure if it is the cold or the drugs at the moment!  Sorting out the usual Friday Morning stuff, then getting ready to sit in 4 hours of lectures and seminars.  Not sure how good my notes will be today  :-(

Got 2 assignments back in the last couple of days - really pleased with the marks, and I know I earned every single one!

And it is Friday!  Number One Son has bought himself a really kick-ass PC which arrives today.  He has gone for some Quad-Core i7 job with 2 monitors.  I want one!  I think he intends to use it to organise his attempts to take over the world... 

Oh, that is something I meant to set the record straight about!  From comments on my last post (Terri and Agg79) I can see that I have given the impression that Mrs RC does not baby me when I feel ill.  Maybe it is because I have written more about her strong side - moving/building sheds, terraforming gardens, facing down problem neighbours etc.  But when it comes to looking after us when we are ill, she becomes Florence Nightingale and pampers us terribly.  Aren't I Mr Lucky? 

Well, back to it I guess.  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

agg79 said...

Two monitors are absolutely awesome. I got the two monitor set up at the office and it is really effective. Now the problem is I have to deal with this one dinky monitor at home. Bummer.

And I'm sure that Mrs RC takes very good care of the entire family (including the four legged kids). You ARE one lucky guy. Don't mess it up.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - It's been great for 25 years - I'm not going to start messing up now!

CiCi said...

Mrs RC sounds like a wonderful wife and mom. You are a wise man to know that and appreciate her.

terri said...

Two monitors! Wow! My boss just informed me today that she is going to try to get some of us in the department set up with two monitors! I'm excited!

I'm glad to hear Mrs. RC actually does give you a a bit of pampering when you're not feeling so hot. Actually, I'm not surprised. You are a lucky man!