Thursday 18 November 2010

Uh...

Not really sure what to write about today...

The hunt for the dog continues - thinking about a whippet or greyhound now.  These are two of my favourite breeds - I love the paradox with them that they are capable of incredible speeds but are generally very lazy and laid back.  And the way they look at you just melts you heart...

(Look at those eyes!  Note that this pic is off the web and not one of my dogs.)

Many years ago I had a whippet and a greyhound - both rescued and both called Lady!  They became Big Lady and Little Lady.  Big Lady ran across a main road one day and was killed.  Broke my heart.  Little Lady moved to Scotland with my mom and lived until she was 17 years old.  She hated people bending down to talk to her and had a habit of biting noses when they did!  She even did this to my grandfather, breaking the skin on either side of his not inconsiderable nose!

Right, things are nice and quiet - time to break ground on my assignment!  I have done enough reading to make a start!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curious, have you ever seen the film Best in Show? It's about people with dogs. If you haven't seen it, rent it. Very funny.

Rock Chef said...

wigsf - Not one I have seen. I will keep an eye out for it!

terri said...

I think you should think about getting a Puggle. Seriously cute dogs!

agg79 said...

Definitely try to watch Best in Show. Very funny. The interesting part is that there are a lot of people out there just like that.

Our neighbor had a rescue Greyhound (Wilson). He was the calmest, most serene, laid back dog that I have ever met that could clock a 40 MPH pace down the block. I would not recommend jogging with a Greyhound...

Unknown said...

Dogs.... as I have no experience other than being barked by some, I will give it a rest :)

Kiki said...

I am scared to death of dogs....I think you know that....but Ken had a Rhodesian Ridgeback when we started dating-hands down that would be the dog I'd consider if I was shopping for a dog-super smart and loyal, he was a gentle dog that didn't force himself on me, just let me fall in love with him in my own time!!!