Thursday 25 November 2010

Losing faith

I am beginning to wonder if we are meant to get another dog.

We were supposed to be getting a Spaniel yesterday - the guy would bring it to us.

Nothing.

He did not phone us.

We phoned and texted him several times but got no reply.

Blah.

Why do people do this?



OK, just found out why people do this - I was paying 50p a minute to talk to this guy!  Now I am saying some really bad words - far worse than I said when my chain broke.

Giving up the dog hunt - too much of a minefield!  If one turns up on my doorstep I will take it, other than that...

5 comments:

Kiki said...

What do the British do without Thanksgiving???? I forgot, for a minute that this wasn't an international holiday and thought why isn't Rock Chef talking about a turkey, the stuffing, where is the cranberry chatter....then I remembered-the Americans started this....sometimes I can be a little dim!

terri said...

I'm so sorry things didn't work out. I know how much you all had your hearts set on another dog. I have a feeling that just when you stop trying, one will fall in your lap...

Kiki said...

I'm an idiot, I should have said that I'm sorry about the dog not working out, it's so hard when we want something so badly and it just seems to stay out of reach. ( I don't know anything about that ; ) ) It will come to you when you least expect it....that's what I keep telling myself!!

Rock Chef said...

Kiki - We don't do Thanksgiving over here - it is just another day for us :-(

Terri - You could be right - we have heard about an 8 year old black lab that needs to be taken on. Not a puppy but she would make a nice friend for Custard. We will see.

Kiki - Very true - wanting a puppy does not come close to that heart ache. I still offer the odd prayer and sacrifice on your behalf :-)

Unknown said...

Hey, look at the bright side.....

Now you can have a FERRET! ha ha ha!

(ok ok, too bad about the dog, sorry)