Friday 12 November 2010

Friday - all too soon!

The week speeds to the weekend yet again!

My assignment is now complete and I think it is pretty good - I might have strained the word limit a bit but can't find a way to shorten it without ruining it!  Ah well.

Starting reading for me NEXT assignment now!  This one is about divisions within the UK - language, culture, history (think Mel Gibson shouting "FREEDOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!").  Should be fun...

We now have a few routes we are exploring for dogs - rescued Staffordshire Bull Terriers, another rescue centre and also the chance of a puppy Springer Spaniel!  Springers are great, if a little energetic so might not be the ideal companion for a plodder like Custard, but we will see how it goes.

Right back to it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That assignment does sound like fun. I have a weird affinity for English history. I don't really know why, I just find it very interesting. Pretty well everything from Edward the Confessor to Edward I. Just very intriguing to me.

Marie said...

The assignment sounds interesting. Good luck with it, and good luck with the dog hunting too. Hope you have a great weekend!

CiCi said...

Good for you to finish the assignment and forge ahead with the next assignment. It will be interesting to see how much Custard welcomes a new addition to the family.

terri said...

It really does sound like you are enjoying your class and assignments. Lucky you!

I am very partial to Springer Spaniels because that's what our Shelby was. She was such a gentle and sweet dog, a little hyper in the early years but very mellow after that. And she rarely if ever barked.

Shrinky said...

Noooooooooooooooooo, don't do it, I implore you - Springer Spaniels are as loopy as hell, and I should know! Read this before doing anything rash.. puleeze!http://shrinky1.blogspot.com/2010/08/alas-poor-morse.html

Rock Chef said...

wigsf - that is a very interesting era - lots of scheming and back-stabbing...

Marie - Thanks - started the reading, no luck with the dog yet :-(

TechnoBabe - Custard is very good with other dogs - I think he will be fine - so long as we make a good choice...

Terri - Sadly the Springers have all gone - but the hunt continues!

Shrinky - Oh,that is a sad story! But tobe honest - didn't your husband question the wisdom of getting a dog from a place like that?