Thursday 29 July 2010

A fab day so far!

Today has started off really well.

Had a great journey in - sun shining, little traffic on the roads, just sailing along on the old bike...

Stopped at a shop to get some cookies, which are delicious (and some are Oat and Raisin making them almost a Health Food!) - this is breakfast as I didn't have time to eat at home... ;-)

Got to work and bumped into a guy who I had helped out a while back - beyond the call of duty, etc. He had promised to buy me some wine to thank me. I was thinking a bottle - he gave me 3, and it is good stuff too!

Logged on and found that an old colleague had Friended me on FB...

Checked my Lottery numbers...

Nothing...

Oh well, you can't have everything! I will take what I got, thanks!

10 comments:

agg79 said...

Sounds like your luck has taken a turn for the better. Keep checking those lottery numbers.

And cookies are a legitimate breakfast food.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - Yes, it looks like I am on an upward curve again - hang in long enough and your fortunes have to change! Thanks for the cookie info - some are oat and raisin,so that must make them a Health Food!

CiCi said...

Hey, my hubby used to ride his bike to work when we were still in southern California. It was only about 6 miles but there is so much traffic there. Are there lots of cars on you way to work? I would say oat and raisin is healthy. I make some here with peanut butter too. Yum.

Rock Chef said...

TechnoBabe - There are a lot of cars and the roads are narrow too - just enough room for one car going each way, little room to spare for a cyclist...

Anonymous said...

I like days like this too where everything seems to be going your way. Had one like that yesterday when I took the kids to the Ocean to swim. Came home w/ a bad sunburn but this morning it's already gone! :)

Rock Chef said...

Teresa - Glad it is OK now - I hate sunburn...

terri said...

What a great way to start your day! Although, you've made me hungry for oatmeal raisin cookies, and I've got none!

Looks like your luck has turned around for the better. I hope everything starts going in a more positive direction.

Kiki said...

I LOVE the video updates, they are so great!!! I'm also glad to hear you are having a great day and hope that the rest of your weekend goes just as well!!! Cheers and enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

Ooooo.... I was wondering... have you ever won the lottery?

We are not supposed to do it here.

Claire said...

Thanks for the videos - I usually smile the whole time I'm watching! Have a wonderful camping trip - can't wait to see photos of it.