Monday 21 June 2010

A very fine Father's Day

Had a great day yesterday.

Woke up a little later than usual, and just laid there letting life slowly return to my limbs. I like waking up slowly...

Then someone realized that I was awake...

INVASION!

Everyone piled onto the bed, including Custard the dog - cards and presents followed - all naughty stuff - chocolate, jelly babies, wine... Oh yeah, my family knows what I like.

Then I meandered down for breakfast, which revolved around pain au chocolat and doughnuts of different types. Mmmmm.

Then spent a good part of the morning painting the toy soldiers that I had bought myself on Friday. I was painting these using my cheating furniture varnish method, but they look great - photos to follow once I have done the grass on their bases.

In the afternoon we watched some awful movie on the TV, a cheap "robots trying to take over the world" movie, the sort where you wonder what on earth they were thinking when they made it (around 3 years ago).

Then thoughts turned to dinner. Couldn't make my mind up what I wanted, so I jumped on my bike, went to the shop and bought a load of stuff that looked nice. This was then cooked (by Mrs RC, I was thrown out of the kitchen) and plonked on the table as a "help yourself" dinner. Went down great - at the end we just sat there trying not to move too much.

After a refreshing dog walk I returned to painting soldiers and somehow drank the bottle of wine that I had been given. I swear my glass has got a slow leak or something! I was a little worried that the wine might affect my painting, but they still looked good this morning, so no worries!

Then I headed off to bed for a well earned rest after a hard day...

7 comments:

Marie said...

Glad you had a wonderful day. You deserve it! Your family sound great.

Anonymous said...

All that stuff would have me running for the bathroom!!!!! Glad you had a great day!!

terri said...

What a great day! Your family seems to have you all figured out and given you the royal treatment, which was well-deserved!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Father's Day!! I agree w/ Terri...your family does know you well! :) Glad you enjoyed it to the fullest! I on the other hand was busy all day planning this last minute trip to MI and did not give Chuck a proper Father's Day. He says he could care less but I'll definately make it up to him. Nuff said.

Rock Chef said...

Marie - Thanks!

Sparky - Well I could blog about that aspect of the day if you want!

Terri - Like most guys, I have simple needs...

Teresa - Nuff said ;-)

Unknown said...

Glad you had a wonderful Father's Day :)

What's a pain au chocolat?

Rock Chef said...

Shadowthorne - It is a French thing - flakey pastry with chocolate inside.