Wednesday 24 February 2010

Stuff...


Just a quick update...

Having fun with my dad again - apparently nobody does anything for him! Given that I bought his shopping last night and spent half of my lunch break paying bills for him, I find this statement very debatable...

Spent the other half of my break getting some birthday presents for Mrs RC, who will be 21 again very soon. She is very easy to buy for - she gave me a list of books that she would like, I bought her tyres for her garden truck (as requested) and some stuff with elephants on from the local Thai shop -a bag, ear rings, etc. The woman in the Thai shop knows me well by now. When I told her that this summer sees out 25th anniversary, she congratulated us and said that she thinks the elephants are bringing us luck. In a way, I think she is right. I buy Mrs RC something elephant related. This makes Mrs RC happy. If Mrs RC is happy, I am happy - as we all know, an unhappy woman has a way of spreading the misery ;-) If we are both happy, we just become stronger as a couple! So thankyou Mr Elephant!

That's enough of that! Have a great Wednesday!

8 comments:

sid said...

21 again? Wow your wife and I are the same age =)

Unknown said...

The miracle of regeneration never cease :) or you married an immortal, Mr RC!

My gandpa used to have three wooden elephants. And yes, Elephants are very popular in Thailand. Sacred animals :)

Rock Chef said...

Sid - I once made a graph of women's ages - there was a massive spike at 21! :-)

Rock Chef said...

Shadowthorne - Are those elephants still in your family? I hope so. Elephants should be sacred IMO. Wonderful creatures.

Princess of the Universe said...

I did not know elephants were lucky...very useful info...
xoxo

terri said...

It's a shame you do so little for your dad. Come on! Get on the stick and be helpful once in a while, will you? ;-)

Sounds like Mrs. RC will have a very happy birthday with all the wonderful gifts you bought her. No wonder she's so happy.

agg79 said...

21 again? Then what's she doing hanging out with an old geezer like you?

Glad to hear you are planning for the big quarter century mark. Maybe some nice elephant jewelry?

And remember, if momma ain't happy, nobody is happy.

Rock Chef said...

Princess - Who said the web isn't educational!

Terri - LOL! I do try to buy the right stuff and not just "stuff".

agg79 - Beats me, but she says I am in better condition than a lot of guys half my age, so she is sticking with the vintage model.