Tuesday 13 October 2009

I Need a T-Shirt...

I was in Student Mode.

The lecture came to an end and we were given 8 minutes for a quick break (i.e. the lecturer needed a cigarette) before the seminar.

OK, I was thirsty, so I headed up to my office and a drink of Pepsi.

Glug.

About to head back to the seminar when a colleague (OK it was my HoD) asked me to print a map for him.

Search.

Rummage.

Print.

No good.

Search again.

Rummage, rummage.

Print.

OK!

Yay!

Back for the seminar.

Late....



I think I need a t-shirt to let people know when I am in Student Mode.

Any suggestions?

It has already been suggested that I have one that says "Feck-Off, I am a Student". Yes, the suggester was Irish and a big Father Ted fan. It was also his seminar that I was late for...

An easy option would be to wear my Mr Lazy t-shirt - that might work.

Any other ideas?

7 comments:

terri said...

How about one that says, "I can hear you. I just choose to ignore you."

Rock Chef said...

That is too good - the kids would steal it!

wigsf said...

a used personalized bowling shirt

Princess of the Universe said...

Am considering this myself - as I am thinking of taking courses here next year and need to find a balance. Let me know how it goes!
xo

agg79 said...

"Let Me Drop Everything & Work on Your Problem"

or

"Your lips keep moving but all I hear is Blah, Blah, Blah"

Sid said...

Wish *I* knew the answer to that. People keep asking me for GIS advice. Hello, you're a MSc graduate. Figure it out your damn self!

Rock Chef said...

wigsf - That sounds like a good one.

Princess - Things are working OK for me - I tend to be able to fit most of my study stuff around my work without too much spilling over into family time.

agg79 - I like the second one - makes me think of the school scenes in Peanuts.

Sid - But it is just so much easier to ask you!