Thursday 15 October 2009

I need ANOTHER T-Shirt!

The kids were in bed.

Mrs RC and I were sitting on the sofa, watching Regenesis.

I was slowly sipping from a glass of very tasty Chilean red wine.

I was wearing THE white t-shirt. The one that Mrs RC loves me to wear, nudge-nudge, wink-wink.

I was cool.

All was right with the world.

Enter Custard, the lumbering Golden Labrador...


Suddenly I was NOT cool.

Suddenly things were NOT right with the world.

The classic answer to this sort of thing is to add white wine, but we were out of it, so I doused the t-shirt in water and then scrubbed it with Vanish, one of those "miracle" cleaners.

The red stain turned green.

I rinsed and tried again. The stain faded slightly to a sort of fungoid green - really uncool, and definitely losing that "irresistible" factor.

I also missed the end of Regenesis...

So that is two new t-shirts that I need!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe man, a perfect evening gone bad!! If it's a white shirt can you try bleach? Hope you can recover the shirt...and your "coolness" too!

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Go ahead and blame the dog!!!! Poor Custard.

Rock Chef said...

Teresa - Thanks, I will do my best!

Wreggie - But it was ALL his fault! And it IS him that breaks wind all evening too!

terri said...

I'm sure Mrs. RC still thinks you're cool. At least, she will return to thinking that as soon as she stops laughing!

Rock Chef said...

Terri - Yes, being laughed at is not good for the Cool Rating :-(

Ali said...

Just a suggestion here Rock Chef - if you've got THE shirt, the one that gets Mrs. RC into a frenzy, um, maybe you should have more than one?

Just sayin' - if I had a particular shirt/pair of jeans/underwear etc. that were THE ones, my closet would be packed.

Ahem ;)

mindy of minneapolis said...

Dogs will be dogs!

Rock Chef said...

Ali - You have a very good point there! Maybe I should just go and buy half a dozen of them!

Mindy - Very true!

Sid said...

So not how I thought that story was going to end ...

Rock Chef said...

Sid - Sorry to disappoint! :-)

agg79 said...

Bad dog! Bad Dog!
That's my standard fall back position - alway blame the dog.

Sounds like it's time for you and Mrs RC to acquire another favorite shirt to wear. Of course, you'll have to break it in (wink-wink, nudge-nudge).

And don't forget to put Custard out...

Rock Chef said...

agg79 - I think I will combine your suggestion with Ali's suggestion that I get several!