Tuesday 2 June 2009

A leap of faith

I have found myself about to build a new army of toy soldiers - 17th Century Swedes to fight the Poles that I am currently painting.

When it came down to it there was really only one company that I could buy them from. This is a company that I used to buy all of my figures from - I even once owned a set of the figures that I now want! Ah, if only I had hung onto them! Why did I let myself get talked into selling them all those years ago?

Anyway, I was just about to place my order when I saw posts on a discussion group about how bad their service has been recently - slow processing of orders, orders dispatched with the wrong stuff in them, even orders sent to the wrong address!

I paused.

Do I really want to deal with that sort of thing?

Not really.

But I really want these soldiers!

So I sent them an email asking an inane question. The answer came back more or less straight away and was very good.

Encouraged by this I have placed an order - not too much - the Swedish King and a couple of hangers on, plus 3 regiments of foot.

Will I live to regret this?

Watch this space for progress reports!

7 comments:

James said...

Which company is it John? I might have had stuff from them recently. email me if you don't want to diss them in public.....

Rock Chef said...

James - it is Minifigs.

Terri - Hope so. We will see.

Sitting In Silence said...

Good Luck !

Ali said...

I am waiting with bated breath.

James said...

I sent for some Minifigs about a year ago, just a small order. Actually I don't recall how long it took but I doubt it was out of the ordinary or I would remember...also the order was fine all correct.

Rock Chef said...

Sitting in Silence - Thanks!

Ali - Just don't HOLD your breath! We both know how long parcels can take to arrive!

James - That is good - you only tend to remember the very good or very bad don't you?

The Moody Minstrel said...

Your description of Minifigs sounds kind of like the way TSR used to be!

No, that's not right. The way TSR used to be, if they screwed up your order they'd probably try to find a way to blame it on you and bill you for it. Ironically, they didn't have a very good reputation during the peak of their popularity until they got bought out by Avalon Hill.

Do the figures, CRC! You WANT to do the figures!