Friday 29 May 2009

It's too nice...

... outside to be stuck in here!

Friday is nearly over, though, just a bit of admin for my studying to do and then off home to pizza, beer and my awesome family! Yeah!

The weather is amazing, so I will be out in the garden stoking up the barbeque at some point and also trying out my brand new barbeque wok! Have you seen these? They are woks with big holes in! I think it will be great. I intend to cook peppers, onion in it. I also want to try making flat bread in it too. I can't wait, but my daughter keeps on at me about it, saying that everything will fall through the holes and all I will end up with is a few burnt bits that are stuck to the wok! Guess whose sense of humour she has inherited!

I will also be giving my daughter some more bass guitar lessons. She has been selected to play bass in a band at school. They are doing a sort of School of Rock project, designing a CD cover, writing a couple of songs and then recording them in a studio. She is really excited about it and we both want to make sure that her bits go as easily as possible. I know from painful experience how awful things can get in a studio after a few dud takes...

Meanwhile, Custard, my dog, has developed a strange attitude to some other dogs. He is really friendly to the vast majority of other dogs, but will occasionally take a dislike to one for no apparent reason. I have now worked out what the reason is. All of the dogs that he decides he does not like are bigger than him! It is asthough he suddenly turns into a Chihuahua and wants to fight the big dog! Since I realised this, I have been ready for it and he has been a lot better.

Anyway! Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

terri said...

Sounds like a great weekend ahead for you! Glad to hear you've got good weather. I bet your family can't wait to taste what you cook up on the barbecue.

How cool for your daughter to be in a band and get to learn the whole recording process! I wonder if you can post some of the finished songs on the blog somehow? I'd love to hear it.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I love cooking outside.

James said...

enjoy your barbie John.

Yes funny about your dogs behaviour. Changes are usually due to changes at home making them feel unsettled? Maybe it was your exams....

John BTW I know someone has some unpainted Gripping Beast for sale, Arthurians, Normans, Saxons, Vikings, £7 a bag....

Sitting In Silence said...

Awwwwwwwww Hope you had a great weekend...

Enjoy that BBQ...

Oh and I soooooooooo want you to guess spot on my blog....that is when I can see it ! grrrrrrrrrr

Rock Chef said...

Terri - I will see what I can do.

Wreggie - Me too. My only worry is that I tend to cook near a eucalyptus tree and sometimes wonder if it will burst into flames!

James - I think Custard might have good reasons for his actions - see the next post! Thanks, but I have enough for the moment - trying to keep these projects on a short leash!

Sitting in Silence - OK, I will work on a post! Do you mind of I make it about Australians?