Wednesday 13 May 2009

Enough about me...

Thought I would do a quick update on what the RC family is up to these days...

Baby Boy (10) has just had his test scores back from school. His level is well above the expected for an 11 year old moving on to senior school. He is a very bright kid. He is still a kid, though. He will often spend time pretending to be one of these:

Wonder where he gets that from?


Daughter will be 13 on Sunday. My little girl will be a teenager! She has got so much attitude it is amazing. Pier pressure? She laughs at it. Boys? She is friendly but thinks the idea of having a boyfriend is ridiculous, telling us about friends of hers who are falling to pieces because boys have dumped them, not to mention the ones getting pregnant... She is the perfect daughter.

Number 1 Son continues to amaze academically but has also turned his hand to painting with acrylics, producing some really good stuff for a beginner. He says he might become the opposite of Hitler, someone who wants to take over the world becoming an artist, rather than an artist who tried to take over the world.

Mrs RC is working really hard at her diet and exercise these days. A couple of months ago she set herself a really ambitious target and is now, amazingly, past the half way mark. The results are incredible. Yeah. Woof woof!

Have a great weekend if I don't post again before then!

11 comments:

agg79 said...

One of the blessings we have in life is to have a great family.

Rock Chef said...

agg79 - And I feel especially blessed.

Anonymous said...

You have one amazing family!! No doubt due to you and Claire's hard work. You deserve to bask in the glory of it all! :0)

Ali said...

Glad to hear that the whole fam it doing so well! And the opposite of Hitler? LOL. I'd say that's a pretty great ambition!

terri said...

You have amazing kids. I'm not surprised. They have great parents. Congrats to Mrs. RC on her success!

Rock Chef said...

Teresa - Bask bask!

Ali - Yeah, we are all good right now!

Terri - Thanks.

The Moody Minstrel said...

My daughter is about the same age as yours. She just turned 13 last month...and suddenly realized she's a teenager...(i.e. ecch). I feel for you.

My son is about the same age as yours, too, but I don't think he's anywhere near as bright. He's ahead of his class in most of his subjects, but we still have trouble getting him to remember to tie his shoes.

Kids...

Michele said...

Ah... Kids! I am SO glad mine are all grown! All I can say to you at this point is: Have Fun (followed by evil laughter..)!!!
Whooo Boy! Let me wipe the tears from my eyes as I catch my breath!
Ha Ha *snort* Ha Ha....

Ok, all better now!
p.s. When I saw the photo, my mind flashed to a Simpsons episode involving the "Wacky, Wavy, Inflatable Arm Dude!" That is going to stick with me all day now... Thanks (sarcastically said)!

Rock Chef said...

The Moody Minstrel - I think that a failure to remember stuff like that is just a sign that his mind is busy with higher stuff.

Michele - I have been through the teenage daughter thingy once already, so we are reasonably prepared... Glad I gave you a good laugh, though!

Sitting In Silence said...

Awwww they sound like great kids....xox

Um Naief said...

just hearing that your wife is doing well gives me encouragement!!! i wish hubby would get on my band wagon!!

great to hear about your kids... this is truly wonderful. i think it's great that your daughter isn't interested in guys... .lots of time for that later in life. love to hear that your #1 son is taking to painting. naief paints daily and loves it... i hope it continues.

you and the wife are doing such a good job raising the kids... hope your daughter has a great birthday.