Monday 7 January 2008

New Year!

So, 2008 has arrived at last - I saw out 2007 with a cough and a splutter, actually managing to lose weight over the holiday! Bet there aren't many who can claim that one!

While suffering I did manage to watch one of my presents - the "Die Hard Quadrilogy"! I love those movies, so I started at number 1 and went though them all.

One present that I have only had half hearted stabs at so far is a music program. So far I have done a couple of simple blues backing tracks (drums and bass only) for me to play along to. It has been great fun so far and I hope to be able to do some interesting stuff with it. I just don't have the time to get into a band at the moment (and I certainly don't have the patience for a lot of the problems that bands can cause) so this seems like the perfect answer to my musical interests and should allow me to work on a couple of songs that have been half written for rather too long.

So, what will 2008 have in store? My crystal ball is very fuzzy at the moment but I can see a video blog or 2 coming at some point - hey, maybe I will play guitar too! That has been a long time coming...

11 comments:

m said...

Welcome back and Happy New year!

Jahooni said...

Can't wait for the video blog of you playing quitar. maybe singing as well? hymn...

Logzie said...

V I D E O

V I D E O

V I D E O

B L O G

B L O G

B L O G

V I D E O

V I D E O

V I D E O

B L O G

B L O G

B L O G

(just wanted to put my vote in!)

:0)

Terri said...

I'm sorry you were under the weather! What a way to spend the holidays!

Can't wait for the video blogs! Especially the one of you playing guitar. Speaking of playing guitar... I think you were right about Guitar Hero. We are having a blast playing with the kids, but I SERIOUSLY think it would be easier to learn to play the real thing!

Marie said...

Welcome back!

I know exactly what you mean about bands and their problems. I don't have the patience for all that either, so I'm also thinking about getting myself a music program.

I wish you all the best for 2008, and good luck with the music!

kenady said...

I vote for a video blog as well! We can't let Logzie be the only one to have done one from our crew:)

Jen said...

I understand how you feel. I've been sick now for OVER 2 weeks. . . . . . can't seem to shake it. Miserable.


I've updated my blog roll - you're new address is here.

Happy New Year!

Kiki said...

Updating my blogroll as soon as I am done telling you that we want a video post, if you do one maybe Kenady and I will do one at the end of the month when we are at a conference!!!

Ali said...

Don't you tease me John! It is not nice to tease a pregnant woman!

So - that being said - I definitely expect both a speaking video blog (so we can hear your wicked accent) and a guitar playing blog (so we can hear your wicked guitar playing).

Yay for being able to use pregnancy to get what you want!

Rock Chef said...

Thanks everyone - what a great welcome back! I will do my best to keep my promises, especially to those who are really piling on the emotional blackmail...

Ali said...

*gasp*

You must be referring to Logziella - hehe.